Horrifying pictures show her body being cut out of the snake after her kids found her sandals, machete and torch around 30 metres from a patch of bushes that appeared ruffled.
The victim, named as Wa Tiba, was last seen at about 6.45pm when she went out to tend to the family garden.
Her sons then saw an enormous python lounged on the ground barely able to move – it had swallowed the 54-year-old housewife head first.
Neighbour Ayu Kartika said: ”Everybody was crying, everybody was shocked. The poor woman. This is like a horror movie. People are terrified.
“We are scared to go outside. We can only pray for a safety.”
Cops were called and by 9am on Friday hundreds of villagers had gathered round the patch of grass in the remote Mabolu Village in the Lohia Regency of Muna province.
The snake’s skin was sliced open to reveal the slime-covered corpse of the housewife – she was still wearing her brown leggings and dark red top.
The knife she had gone out with the previous evening was found on the floor – suggesting she had dropped it after being set upon by the killer python.
Have snakes eaten humans alive before in this part of the world?
Sulawesi is an island in Indonesia that is home to some of the biggest and most deadly wild pythons in the world.
In March last year, a young farmer was found dead having also been swallowed by an enormous killer snake.
Footage showed him being cut from the python’s stomach after going missing the night before while harvesting on a rubber plantation.
Farming, forestry is and fishing are the two main industries in Sulawesi, meaning many residents have to spend large amounts of time in the wild – increasing the risk of them being attacked by predators.
Police superintendent Agung Ramos from the Muna district Indonesian National Police said Wa Tiba had went out to check her garden the previous evening and never returned.
He said: ”Children and residents had been looking for Wa after she did not return home.
“Some items belonging to victim, sandals, machete, and flashlights, were found but the victim was not there.
”The family then reported this to the police and the search reached its conclusion at 9am. Residents found a python that looked like it was unable to move.
“Residents then suspected the snake swallowed Wa Tiba.
HE HAS FALLEN!!! Sudan’s President Omar al-Bashir has stepped down
Sudan’s President Omar al-Bashir has stepped down and consultations are under way to set up a transitional council to run the country, government sources and a provincial minister said on Thursday.
The minister of production and economic resources in North Darfur Adel Mahjoub Hussein told the Dubai-based al-Hadath TV that “there are consultations to form a military council to take over power after President Bashir stepped down”.
A Sudanese source told Reuters Bashir was under house arrest with a number of aides at the presidential palace.
The army and security services deployed troops around the defence ministry and on major roads and bridges in Khartoum as thousands of people flocked to an anti-government protest outside the ministry, a Reuters witness said.
Tens of thousands of Sudanese marched through the centre of the capital Khartoum in jubilation, dancing and chanting anti-Bashir slogans.
Protesters outside the defence ministry chanted: “It has fallen, we won.”
State television and radio played patriotic music, reminding older Sudanese of how military takeovers unfolded during previous episodes of civil unrest.
Bashir, a former paratrooper who seized power in a bloodless coup in 1989, has been a divisive figure who has managed his way through one internal crisis after another while withstanding attempts by the West to weaken him.
Sudan has suffered prolonged periods of isolation since 1993, when the United States added Bashir’s government to its list of terrorism sponsors for harbouring Islamist militants. Washington followed up with sanctions four years later.
Bashir has also been indicted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague over allegations of genocide in Sudan’s Darfur region during an insurgency that began in 2003.
The latest crisis has escalated since the weekend, when thousands of demonstrators began camping out outside the Defence Ministry compound in central Khartoum, where Bashir’s residence is located.
Clashes erupted on Tuesday between soldiers trying to protect the protesters and intelligence and security personnel trying to disperse them. At least 11 people died in the clashes, including six members of the armed forces, the information minister said citing a police report.
Since December 19, Sudan has been rocked by persistent protests sparked by the government’s attempt to raise the price of bread, and an economic crisis that has led to fuel and cash shortages
Opposition figures have called for the military to help negotiate an end to Bashir’s nearly three decades in power and a transition to democracy.
The demonstrators at the Defence Ministry had said that they wanted to submit a petition for the armed forces to take their side in their attempt to remove Bashir and his Islamist-backed administration.
NUDE PROTEST!!! Gugu Ncube to appear in court on Thursday
Gugu Ncube is expected to appear in the Pretoria Magistrate Court on Thursday, after staging a nude protest at Unisa on Wednesday.
Ncube said she was protesting naked because “nudity is a sign of my dignity that l have been stripped of”.
This refers to allegations that she was “unlawfully manhandled” at Unisa for reporting her boss to the university. She alleged that her boss was asking for sexual favours in exchange for her job.
Ncube donned black underwear and a red top, holding a placard in front of her, when she was arrested.
Unisa said the matter was between her and Unisa Centre for Early Childhood Education (UCECE), an external company that was previously sponsored by Unisa.
The university further said it followed due processes regarding Ncube’s sexual harassment complaint in 2018, and suspended its staff members who were accused of the crime. The accused were board members at UCECE at the time.
(Compiled by Nica Schreuder)
Outage hits Facebook and Instagram users worldwide
Facebook and Instagram users lost access to the social network’s applications in parts of the world Wednesday as a result of an outage of undetermined origin.
The California giant which has more than two billion users acknowledged the outage after users noted on Twitter they could not access Facebook or had limited functionality.
“We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible,” a Facebook statement said on Twitter.
A short time later, Facebook indicated the outage was not related to an attack aimed at overwhelming the network.
“We’re focused on working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, but can confirm that the issue is not related to a DDoS attack,” Facebook said, referring to what is known as a distributed denial of service cyber strike.
According to the website downdetector.com, outages were heaviest in North America and Europe, but some users appeared to be affected in other regions.
Last November, a Facebook outage was attributed to a server problem and a September 2018 outage was said to be the result of “networking issues.”